|This article is a stub. You can help Dark Train Wiki by .|
Dark Train is an oppressive steampunk 2D adventure made of paper. Assume the role of mechanical squid Ann 2.35f that is tied to a railroad tamagotchi and deliver the mysterious order for the deceased D. W. Tagrezbung, famous inventor from the Border City.
Dark Train was released on Oct 25, 2016.
- controls - dynamic, no point-n-click
- narration - strong, non-textual, situational
- atmosphere - dark, oppressive
- exploration - non-casual
- audiovisuals - paper-made
- no hints, no help - solve it
Dark Train in its game mechanics core is an adventure without point-n-click mechanics. You take control of a mechanical squid Ann 2.35f via a controller or a mouse. By exploring the train structure, environments within wagons, train control panels and its surroundings, you are progressing further in the game and story.
Our story follows the journey of the inventor D. W. Tagrezbung and the mysterious contract from unknown client which he received years ago. Even as a child, he created a functional model of the universe and throughout his life drew attention to himself thanks to a number of significant inventions. At an advanced age of his peaceful life he received the last big contract with a very strange assignment. The client requested the creation of a model of the human world that embraces changeable weather and civilization. What he did not want to be part of the model was the human face or even people themselves. The actual challenge was presented by creation of transportation that would be capable of delivering the order. Inhospitable territory stretching between the client and the inventor is for centuries connected only by rail. Therefore D. W. decided to create a self-sufficient train with four wagons where each wagon will contain one familiar environment from his world. Eventually D. W. Tagrezbung devoted the rest of his life to the client's order. The day the train was finally ready to go, the famous inventor died.
Reviews[edit | edit source]
- “If you’re a gamer who loves to explore for the sake of the journey with little concern for the destination, then you should be delighted by Dark Train.” 90% – Just Adventure
- “Dark Train has broken the mold when it comes to puzzle games and created a very dark and engaging experience, despite not having a storyline. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for a puzzle game that does not hold your hand.” 90% – GameGrin
- “Dark Train can be highly praised for its ingenious design that offers players a new found sense of discovery that won’t be easily forgotten anytime soon.” 80% – Brashgames